Monday 14 April 2014

Jane Bowler Workshop @ V&A

On Saturday I went to a V&A 'Create!' workshop for Fashion Design with designer Jane Bowler, based on the Glamour of Italian Fashion Exhibition which just opened on April 5th.

At the start of the workshop Jane inspired us by showing us her recent work including designs for London Fashion Week, magazines e.g. GQ and performers such as Rita Ora and Lianne la Havas. After we had seen her designs we had a look around the exhibition to choose ideas which we could base collections on. I was really inspired by the use of layers of material and also by Emilio Pucci's beachwear.

Using this inspiration, I completed a mood board and then fashion sketches as shown below:

I decided to use pastel colours with embellishments, similar to Dolce and Gabbana but I also liked the idea of dramatic accessories - I was inspired by designs from Vivienne Westwood and headwear I had seen at the Isabella Blow exhibition during LFWend.

I had a fantastic time and I plan to attend more workshops like this as the experience I gained was invaluable. To find out more on Jane Bowler please visit: http://janebowler.co.uk/



No comments:

Post a Comment